Photo – Cat (Photo-Catalysis)
- Chemistry teachers for lower and higher secondary education
- Students with the goal of becoming chemistry teachers
The experimental kit contains equipment for the following experiments
- Photocatalytic reduction of the substrate Ethylviologen
- Oxidation of the reduced substrate with (air)oxygen
- Reaction cycles to simulate the photosynthesis respiration cycle
- Conversion and storage of light energy
- Photoelectrochemical "solar batteries"
PHOTO-CAT also comes with
- Worksheets for lower and upper secondary education, didactic notes (contexts, basic concepts, skills and curricular integration) and hazard assessments
a USB data carrier with the above materials and the solutions to the worksheets: PHOTO-LIKE
PHOTO-CAT is currently in the testing phase. If you are interested in photo blue bottle equipment for testing, please contact Prof. Dr. M. W. Tausch, University of Wuppertal.